MSIA Fundraising & Communications Coordinator (Maternity Cover 12 month contract)
Part Time position (0.8 FTE)
Are you an experienced marketing and communications professional, with a passion for fundraising and women's reproductive rights? Marie Stopes International Australia (MSIA) is looking for a Fundraising and Communications Coordinator (Maternity Cover) to oversee the communications and fundraising for our international development projects.
You will have proven experience in digital communications and campaigns, working with multiple stakeholders to deliver high-quality communications and fundraising outcomes.
The successful applicant will be a key member of the External Relations team, part of MSIA's International Programs Department. The External Relations team plays a critical role in driving the strategic growth of the global MSI partnership with a focus on MSI's Pacific Asia country programs, by raising the profile of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), driving fundraising and building a donor base and developing and maintaining relationships with key donors and external partners.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of External Relations, the Fundraising and Communications Coordinator role is a part-time position based in Melbourne.
What we want you to do:
- Update and manage digital content across multiple channels, including social media, EDMs and website
- Prepare external communications documents including annual reports, capacity statements and country program fact sheets
- Work with external partners and agencies to manage digital communications
- Provide media and PR support to the Senior Manager External Relations, including preparing media releases
- Preparing and implementing digital fundraising campaigns
- Capturing and recording donor data in our online CRM
- Tracking and analysing public fundraising targets
What we need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in communications, marketing or other relevant degree.
- At least five years of experience working in communications and fundraising
- Proven experience in managing digital communications campaigns
- Strong online campaigning skills and understanding of social media tools and public fundraising
- A pro-choice advocate with a belief that women and girls should have access to safe reproductive and sexual health services
What we'd like to see (but aren't essential):
- Experience managing public fundraising campaigns
- Experience in community fundraising
- Experience in international development or public health programs
- Knowledge of sexual and reproductive health care
What we're offering:
- A supportive team environment
- A flexible working environment.
- Opportunity to travel internationally
- Salary packaging
- An opportunity to apply your project management skills to benefit women in attaining life-changing sexual and reproductive healthcare
Who you're joining:
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global organisation providing personalised contraception and safe abortion services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she is free to pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family. We believe that diversity makes a better workplace, so we're an equal opportunity employer.
Marie Stopes International is committed to safeguarding and providing a safe environment for all staff and clients. All staff is required to pass a National Police Clearance and Working with Children check, as well as sign our Code of Conduct and relevant safeguarding policies.
Please be aware that if your application is successful, a member of our team will be in contact with you.
Our National Support Centre provides crucial support and access to patients; please do not call it for information regarding job applications.
To be eligible for this position you must have an appropriate Australian work visa. Marie Stopes International Australia does not provide work visa sponsorships.
Mission Driven - Client Centred - Accountable - Courageous