- Generous salary packaging (considerably reducing your tax)
- Casual position
- Above Modern Nurses Award wages
- No weekend work, no night or evening work, and no bedpans
About the opportunity
We are Marie Stopes Australia, the leading national provider of sexual and reproductive health, and we're looking for our next Registered Nurse to join our team in Bowen Hills.
We're looking for empathetic and experienced nursing staff to join us in the fight to provide reproductive healthcare to women and men across the state. If that's something you're passionate about, we'd love to hear from you.
We want someone who has experience working in acute clinical environments or perioperative environments and who can bring their enthusiasm for patient-centred care with them.
Your responsibilities will be to
- Provide empathetic, safe and high quality nursing care in a perioperative environment
- Assist in Emergency Care throughout the clinic
- Apply Universal Infection Control principles
- Safe Medication Administration
- Provide Clinical Risk Assessment
- Liaise with other members of the multidisciplinary healthcare team
- Support our Quality & Safety program by participating in all clinical quality initiatives and projects
What we need
- Nurse with AHPRA registration
- Acute medical surgical experience
- A Pro-choice advocate
- Refined assessment skills
- Able to work across the clinic theatre, PACU
- Active and reflective listening skills with an understanding of how to provide empathetic care
- Knowledge of National Accreditation Standards
- A strong patient centred care advocate
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional empathy and personal care skills
What we'd like to see (but aren't essential)
- Perioperative experience
- Family Planning Certificate or Midwifery qualification
- Phlebotomy competency
- Maternity, reproductive, and/or sexual health experience
At MSA we believe in children by choice, not chance. Our vision is to help all Australians take control of their sexual and reproductive health, and we can't do this without passionate and committed staff. We believe that diversity makes a better workplace, so we're an equal opportunity employer.
Marie Stopes Australia values a safe working environment. As part of our recruitment and selection process, potential candidates will be required to undertake a background check.
Quality - Integrity - Sustainability - Courage
Please be aware that if your application is successful, a member of our team will be in contact with you. Our National Support Centre provides crucial support and access to patients; please do not call it for information regarding job applications.