Registered Nurse - Telehealth
We're Marie Stopes Australia, the leading national provider of sexual and reproductive health, and we're looking for an enthusiastic nurse to join our telehealth team based in Bourke St, Melbourne.
You're someone who is looking to advance their nursing career, while also making a big difference to the lives of women you'll meet every day.
What we want you to do:
- Provide safe, high quality patient-centred care by telephone
- Flexibility to work between the hours of 7am and 7pm Monday- Friday
- Work autonomously with an interdisciplinary team
- Provide general information to patients enquiring about treatment options
- Provide clinical support to our National Support Centre team
- Provide best practice solutions in line with our policies and procedures
- Liaise with external clinics and medical practitioners to develop relationships and referral pathways
- Provide pre care assessment to women accessing clinic services
- Provide pre and after care assessment to women accessing teleabortion
- Provide support to women accessing second trimester termination
- Assist in providing access to aftercare
What we need:
- Registered Nurse with an AHPRA registration
- 5 years in a clinical setting
- A Pro-choice advocate
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and learn new software
- Excellent written and spoken English interpersonal and communication skills
- a positive, can do attitude
- Active and reflective listening skills with an understanding of how to provide empathetic care
What we'd like to see (but aren't essential):
- Experience in day surgery, sexual and/or reproductive health
- Experience in a telehealth environment
What we're offering:
Remuneration will be according to the 2010 Nurses Award and you will be provided full on the job training. We are offering permanent part time contracts from 16 hours per week up to full time hours of 37.5 hours. Hours and days are negotiable for the right applicant.
Who you're joining:
At MSA we believe in children by choice, not chance. Our vision is to help all Australians take control of their sexual and reproductive health, and we can't do this without passionate and committed staff. We believe that diversity makes a better workplace, so we're an equal opportunity employer.
Marie Stopes Australia values a safe working environment. As part of our recruitment and selection process, potential candidates will be required to undertake a background check.
Please be aware that if your application is successful, a member of our team will be in contact with you.
Our National Support Centre provides crucial support and access to patients; please do not call it for information regarding job applications.
To be eligible for this position you must have an appropriate Australian work visa. Marie Stopes Australia does not provide work visa sponsorships.
Quality - Integrity - Sustainability - Courage