We're Marie Stopes Australia, the leading national provider of sexual and reproductive health, and we're looking for our next CSSD Technician in Maroondah.
You're looking for extra work to complement your hospital work, or other clinical role. You're also after a bit of extra income without sacrificing your evenings.
We're looking for someone who will provide a safe and sterile supply of medical instruments and equipment to the clinic, assisting in the provision of high quality client care.
What we want you to do:
- Ensure the CSSD area is clean and maintained to ensure a maximum throughput of equipment and instruments from the dirty area to the clean area
- Ensure the clinic has the appropriate number of sterilized packs for the list as requested
- Operate, interpret and document all machinery operational requirements
- Report and document all quality activities
- Support your co-workers wherever possible and maintain professional working relationships
- Apply Universal Infection Control principles
- Liaise with other members of the multidisciplinary healthcare team
- Support our Quality & Safety program by participating in all clinical quality initiatives and projects
What we need:
- Certificate III or IV in Sterilization
- Minimum 6 months experience as a CSSD Technician working in a surgical setting
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- A Pro-choice Advocate
- Excellent communication skills
- Refined assessment skills
- Knowledge of National Accreditation Standards and ACORN standards
- Strong knowledge of asepsis and sterile procedures
What we're offering:
- Permanent Part-Time (0.4FTE, which is about 29-32hrs a fortnight)
- Salary will be based on experience
- Negotiable for the right candidate
- Generous salary packaging (considerably reducing your tax)
Who you're joining:
At MSA we believe in children by choice, not chance. Our vision is to help all Australians take control of their sexual and reproductive health, and we can't do this without passionate and committed staff. We believe that diversity makes a better workplace, so we're an equal opportunity employer.
Marie Stopes Australia values a safe working environment. As part of our recruitment and selection process, potential candidates will be required to undertake a background check. Please be aware that if your application is successful, a member of our team will be in contact with you.
Our National Support Centre provides crucial support and access to patients; please do not call it for information regarding job applications.
To be eligible for this position you must have an appropriate Australian work visa. Marie Stopes Australia does not provide work visa sponsorships.
Quality - Integrity - Sustainability - Courage
Applications Close: 31 May 2019