We are Marie Stopes Australia
We are a social enterprise organisation providing quality sexual and reproductive healthcare services to Australian women and men across our network of accredited health clinics within Australia.
As a Registered Nurse, you will support the Nurse Unit Manager and Associate Nurse Unit Manager to provide safe and quality nursing in a peri-operative environment, with patient-focused care.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering high quality and empathetic nursing care to patients in line with internal policies and procedures and best practice to ensure the best patient experience possible is achieved
- To support the organisations Quality and Safety program by participating in all clinical quality initiatives and projects
- To maintain clinical competencies by completing all mandatory training requirements
- Assisting in emergency care throughout the clinic
Qualifications, skills and experiences required include the following:
- Qualifications as a Registered Nurse (AHPRA registration)
- 5 years experience as an RN in a surgical setting
- Able to work across the clinic theatre, PACU.
- Knowledge of National Accreditation Standards and ACORN standards.
- Understand the importance of quality processes
- Willingness to learn with a non-judgmental attitude
- A pro-choice attitude and support for our vision Children by choice, not chance
Desirable qualifications and experience:
- Ultrasound scanning skills
- Phlebotomy competency
- CSSD Certificate
- Family Planning Certificate or Midwifery qualification
In addition to your competitive take-home pay, you will have access to salary packaging and the opportunity to join a positive and collaborative culture. Furthermore, you will have the satisfaction of making a positive difference while being a part of an organisation with a global footprint.
Marie Stopes Australia values a safe working environment. As part of our recruitment and selection process, potential candidates will be required to undertake a background check.