Health Information Coordinator
We are Marie Stopes Australia
We are a social enterprise organisation providing quality sexual and reproductive healthcare services to Australian women and men across our network of accredited health clinics within Australia.
As a Health Information Coordinator, you will provide support to our Health Information Project Manager and assist in the organisations knowledge and skill development. This role will be key in supporting and developing effective medical record processes, data quality audits and project management initiatives.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Support the management of the organisations medical record system
- Assist to monitor, measure and evaluate the vendor performance
- Monitors data quality and reports on identified errors
- Develop and support ongoing training material with other team members
- Collection and provision of data and information for reporting, planning, monitoring, research, evaluation and management purposes
- Contribute to the development of health information standards
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and the ability to interpret and apply Commonwealth and State legislation, regulations, policies, guidelines and standards relating to health information management.
- Assist with project management activities to support organisation growth
- Assists in making recommendations to improve workflow and efficiencies
Qualifications, skills and experiences required include the following:
- A tertiary qualification in Health Information Management or similar
- 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Sound analytical skills around Health Information systems and data
- Experience in Hospital PAS systems or similar.
- High computer efficiency skills
- Team player
- Understand the importance of quality processes
- Willingness to learn with a non-judgmental attitude
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and ability to actively encourage a positive team culture
- A pro-choice attitude and support for our vision Children by choice, not chance
In addition to your competitive take-home pay, you will have access to salary packaging and the opportunity to join a positive and collaborative culture. Furthermore, you will have the satisfaction of making a positive difference while being a part of an organisation with a global footprint.
Marie Stopes Australia values a safe working environment. As part of our recruitment and selection process, potential candidates will be required to undertake a background check.
Mission Driven - Client-Centred - Accountable - Courageous